Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sometimes Life Just Gets in the Way

I am busy all the time.  I have lots of projects at work, meetings, paperwork, bills to pay, emails to return, powerpoint presentations to finish, insurance companies to fight with... and these tasks keep me busy every second of every day.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and think there aren't enough hours in the day.  And then...something happens that makes me put everything else on the back burner.  My father has just been hospitalized after his doctor found a tumor on his spine.  So, what seemed to my dad like a pesky back-ache is in reality, cancer.  Sometimes this thing called life gets in the way of my projects and activities but I know that family must always come first.  So, while I have every intention of posting more about the importance of early intervention in young children who aren't talking, I want to be sure that each of us takes time out of our busy schedule to hug our parents, our spouses, our children and our friends and appreciate the time we have to spend with them.  Don't let life get in the way of spending time with those we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment